Prior to Aninat Abogados, Mr. Blanco was partner at Aninat Schwencke practiced as a senior associate with the law firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego y Dörr.
- Foreign investment.
- Litigation, insolvency and reorganization.
- Prior to Aninat Abogados, Mr. Blanco was partner at Aninat Schwencke practiced as a senior associate with the law firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego y Dörr; as an associate with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York; and previously as an associate with Blanco y Cia.
- Among his recent significant representations, the following transactions may be included:
- Representation of Embotelladora Andina S.A. in a lawsuit filed by the franchisees of a popular restaurant chain, for alleged abused of dominant position as the franchise’s provider.
- Assistance to global law firm Jones Day in the Chilean related matters of the XIO Group’s leveraged buyout of Triton Partners from the COMPO EXPERT business, a leading supplier of specialty fertilizer products for professional applications.
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA to develop non-conventional renewable energy projects.
- Advised Solventus Chile SpA and its European owners in the sale of a 70 MW project to Total and Etrion enterprices.
- Advised CDEC-SIC, CDEC-SING and the Ministry of Energy in regulatory issues.
- Defense of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
- Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
- Representation of Enerbosch in corporate matters and negotiations.
- Representation of Pizarreño S.A. in matters of energy, corporate and labor.
- Representation of several high net-worth individuals and families regarding estate planing and inheritance matters.
- Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.) and a member of its Ethics Tribunal.
- Listen in Bankruptcy arbitrators of the Chilean Insolvency and Reorganization Superintendency (Superintendencia de Insolvencia y Reemprendimiento).
- He has been appointed as director to private and public corporations; member of the Advisory Board of the Columbia Global Center – Santiago and of the Advisory Committee to the board of the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce – Amcham Chile, and President of its Legal Committee. In addition, he is a Reserve Officer (RNY) of the Chilean Navy.
Awards and honors
- Has been recognized by the specialized publications Legal 500 and IFLR Energy and Infrastructure as a Chilean Leading Lawyer.