DIRECTOR OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Iván Poklepovic has more than 20 years of experience in environmental and natural resources regulatory matters, especially related to mining, infrastructure, agribusiness, energy, water and, in general, all types of investment projects.
- Partner Ropert Correa y Poklepovic Abogados (2018-2022).
- Head of the Environmental and Regulatory area of Lex Ambiental Consulting Firm (2015-2017).
- Head of the Environmental and Regulatory area at Morales & Besa (2012-2014).
- Head of the Environmental and Regulatory area at Arteaga & Gorziglia (2008-2011).
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2005).
- Environmental Unit of the State Defense Council (1998-2007).
- Diploma in Economic Administrative Law. Catholic University of Chile (2008)
- LLM in Environmental Law. Pace University, USA (2004) • Diploma in Environmental Law. University of Chile (2002)
- Lawyer from the Catholic University of Chile (1998).
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law.
- Public Law.
- Administrative and judicial litigation.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Member of the Chilean Association of Environmental Law (ACHIDAM).
- “Relevant aspects relating to access to environmental justice in the exercise of the claim under Article 17 N°8 of Law N°20,600 in the context of the SEIA” (Revista de Derecho Ambiental, Centro de Derecho Ambiental, Facultad de Derecho Universidad de Chile, N°8, 2017); “International Environmental Law: The Practitioner’s Guide to the Laws of the Planet” (American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, 2014);
- “Compatibility of the environmental protection recourse with the competence of the Environmental Court in the administrative litigation of the Environmental Impact Assessment System” (Proceedings of the VI Conference on Environmental Law of the University of Chile, 2012);
- “Critical Analysis of the System of Incentives to environmental compliance of Law Nº20.417, which creates the Superintendence of the Environment” (Proceedings of the V Conference on Environmental Law of the University of Chile, 2010);
- “Legal Changes to the Chilean Environmental Institutional Framework” (International Environmental Law Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association, 2009);
- “Las normas especiales de emisión y la igualdad ante la ley.
- El Decreto Supremo Nº80” (Revista de Derecho
- Administrativo Nº2, Universidad Católica de Chile, 2008);
- “Aspects linked to the protection of cultural heritage through the exercise of the environmental action of Law No. 19,300, on the Bases of the Environment” (Law Review, State Defense Council, December 2006, No. 16);
- “Economic Evaluation of Environmental Damage:
- Experience of the State Defense Council” (Environmental
- Enforcement and Remedies for Environmental Damage,
- Environmental Cooperation: United States-Chile, Free Trade Agreement, 2004);
- Undergraduate Professor of Environmental Law at Universidad Autónoma de Chile, Universidad Alberto Hurtado and Universidad San Sebastián (years 2016 to 2019).
- Fulbright Scholar (2003)
- Partners of the Americas Fellow at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2005).
- Member of the Probono Foundation.