Luis Alberto Aninat U
“Luis Aninat is a lawyer of great prestige in this country; he is an experienced lawyer with great knowledge of the most varied and profound legal issues, and with a great vision for the future of our company”.
Corporate/M&A, The Legal500, 2022 edition
The attorney was highlighted in 2021 by LACCA members and peers, being recognized for his “excellence” and “innovation”. Latin American Corporate Counsel Association
During his professional career of more than 20 years, Luis Alberto has developed his practice areas with a particular emphasis on corporate, transactional, regulatory and dispute resolution aspects.
In the corporate area, he has represented Chilean and foreign companies and business entities in mergers, acquisitions and corporate finance transactions in general and in their operation in various sectors of the economy, such as commercial, financial, services, natural resources, infrastructure, technology, communications, new businesses, and others.
Acting in dispute resolution proceedings, he has participated, led, coordinated and supervised domestic and international litigation in civil, commercial and regulatory, arbitration, producer liability and consumer protection, antitrust and competition matters, both in Chile and abroad. In arbitration matters, Luis Alberto is a member of the roster of arbitrators of the National Arbitration Center and the Court of Appeals of Santiago.
In the regulatory area, particularly related to natural resources projects and real estate and construction matters, Luis Alberto has advised a wide range of clients in contentious administrative proceedings, investigations, permitting, administrative resolutions and their appeals, acting before the Comptroller General of the Republic, sectorial authorities, the central government and decentralized agencies.
As a complement to his professional services, Luis Alberto participates in the Boards of Directors of several commercial companies, other non-profit organizations and is currently an elected member of the Board of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Columbia University, Columbia Law School, Visiting Professor, 2001.
- Columbia University, Columbia Law School, LL.M., New York, 2000.
- Universidad de Chile, Faculty of Economics and Business, Diploma in Economics for Lawyers, 1999.
- University of Chile, School of Law, Magna cum laude, 1994.
- Civil and commercial contracts.
- Corporate and corporate law.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Finance and stock market.
- Real Estate and Construction.
- Insolvency and Reorganizations.
- Litigation and Arbitration.
- Member of the Board of the Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Department of Commercial Law, University of Chile Law School.
- International Bar Association.
- Columbia Latin America Business Law Association.
- “El aprovechamiento de oportunidades de negocios por parte de los directores de una sociedad anónima”, Séptimas Jornadas de Derecho Comercial, Universidad de Concepción, Luis A. Aninat, José Antonio Guzmán, 2016.
- “Análisis crítico del derecho a retiro en la ley de Sociedades Anónimas”, Sextas Jornadas Chilenas de Derecho Comercial, Universidad Católica de Chile, Luis A. Aninat, José Antonio Guzmán, 2015.
- “La prohibición de competir en la venta de establecimientos de comercio”, Terceras Jornadas de Derecho Comercial, Universidad de Chile, Luis A. Aninat, Flavio Quezada, 2012.
- “El deber de lealtad del gerente cesado”, Jornadas ChilenoUruguayas de Derecho Comercial, Luis A. Aninat, 2011.
- Private antitrust litigation in Chile, Getting the Deal Through, Luis A. Aninat, Cristián Banfi, et al., 2014.
- Merger control in Chile, Latin Lawyer, Luis A. Aninat, Javier Velozo, 2013.
- Luis Alberto is currently a Visiting Professor of Commercial Law at the Law School of the University of Chile.
- In addition, he collaborates with the Master of Professional Skills in the specialty of Property Law at the Law School of the Universidad Diego Portales and in the BOW Program of the School of Economics and Business of the same University.
- Between 2002 and 2005, he cotaught a course on International Commercial Contracts at the Law School of the University of Chile.
- Previously, he was an assistant professor at the Civil Law and Procedural Law Departments of the Law School of the University of Chile.
- Luis Alberto has been a permanent speaker at the Jornadas Chilenas de Derecho Comercial and other specialized forums.
- President of the Republic Scholarship for postgraduate studies, 1999.
- He has been highlighted by several specialized international publications as a leading lawyer in the areas of Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions (Chambers Latin America and Chambers Global); Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions, Litigation and Antitrust (Latin Lawyer 250); Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions (Best Lawyers); Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions, Antitrust, Litigation and Real Estate (Legal 500); Mergers and Acquisitions (IFLR 1000).
- Recommended by the Latin America Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA).
- Member of the ProBono Foundation.
- Director and legal advisor of the María del Refugio Educational Foundation.