Prior to joining Aninat Abogados, Mr. Blanco was a partner at Aninat Schwencke; a senior associate at Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego & Dörr, Santiago; an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York; and an associate at Blanco y Cía., Santiago.
He has been a director of public and closed corporations, a member of the Columbia Global Center of Santiago’s Advisory Board, a member of the American-Chilean Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM Chile), and the Chairman of its Legal Committee.
Manuel is also a member of the Chilean Bar Association’s Ethics Tribunal.
- Columbia University, Columbia Law School, LL.M., New York, 1996.
- Universidad de Chile, School of Economics and Business, Diploma in Economics for Lawyers, 1994.
- University of Chile, School of Law, Magna cum laude, 1990.
- Corporate law
- Foreign Investment
- Insolvency and debt restructuring
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Reserve Officer of the Chilean Navy.
- He has been recognized by the specialized publications Legal 500 and IFLR Energy and Infrastructure as a leading lawyer in the areas of Real Estate and Energy.
- Member of the Probono Foundation, also being a member of its Advisory Council.