Maria Eugenia Sabbagh
“María Eugenia Sabbagh is an outstanding partner, very intelligent, very capable, hard-working and assertive.” Corporate/M&A, The Legal500, issue 2022
During her professional career, María Eugenia has specialized in advising individuals and local and foreign companies in various areas of corporate, commercial and financial law, corporate relations, mergers and acquisitions and business and asset reorganizations. She has recently focused her practice on entrepreneurship matters, leading the Venture Capital and Private Equity area of the firm, advising both Investment Fund Managers and investors as well as Startups, in all stages of their development.
Previously, she worked as Director of the corporate area of Aninat Schwencke y Cía., advising domestic and foreign clients in corporate matters, especially in mergers and acquisitions, financing, contracting, corporate relations and corporate governance, among others.
She was a Senior Associate at Mena Alessandri, and before that at Recabarren y Asociados, where she advised individuals and legal entities in estate planning and tax matters in general, being in charge of their implementation and of her client’s corporate matters.
From 2013 to 2016 she was a Senior Associate at Carcelén, Desmadryl, Guzmán y Tapia Abogados, focusing her practice on providing corporate advice to companies related to natural resources.
- Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Law, 2005.
- Diploma in Tax Planning, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2011.
- Course “Applied Economics for Business”, University of Berkeley, California, 2012.
- Corporate Law.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Venture Capital and Private Equity.
- Family businesses and holdings.
- Capital markets.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association AG.
- Member of the Commission of Women Lawyers of the Chilean Bar Association AG.
- Assistant Professor of the Course on Extracontractual Civil Liability and the Course on Breach of Contracts, both of the Chair of Professor Carlos Pizarro Wilson at the Law School of the University of Chile.
- Assistant of the Commercial Law Course taught by Professors Rodrigo Álvarez Zenteno and Nicolás Cubillos Sigall at the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Featured in Chambers and Partners 2022 in the Venture Capital area as Up and Coming.
- Included in Legal 500 2021 and 2022 in the Corporate area in Band 4.
- Included in Leaders League 2021 in Corporate/M&A in Band 4 and in Banking and Finance in Band 5.
- Featured in Best Lawyers 2022 in Banking and Finance.
- Honorary Degree 2003 at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Member of the ProBono Foundation.
- Director of the Procultura Foundation.