Cristián was Head of the Legal and Litigation Divisions of the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office between 2009 and 2012, where he entered in 2003 with outstanding participation in important investigations, processes and mergers followed before the Antitrust Defense Court and the Supreme Court.
- P. Catholic University of Chile, Faculty of Law, Master in Law UC – LLM, 2013.
- Los Andes University, Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences, Competition Economics Diploma, 2007.
- Gabriela Mistral University, Law School, Antitrust Law Course, 2006.
- Competition Defense Court – Secretariat for Ibero-American Cooperation, Madrid, Ibero-American School for Competition Defense, 2004.
- Diego Portales University, Faculty of Law, Diploma in Appeal for Protection, 2002.
- P. Catholic University of Chile, Faculty of Law, Double Vote of Distinction, 1997.
- Company law and Antitrust.
- Compliance, Litigation.
- Merger control rules.
- Regulation and Corporate Advice.
- Cristián was Head of the Legal and Litigation Divisions of the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office between 2009 and 2012, where he entered in 2003 with outstanding participation in important investigations, processes and mergers followed before the Antitrust Defense Court and the Supreme Court.
- Subsequently, he worked as a Senior Counsel at the law firms Isabel Díaz y Asociados, and Estudio Bravo, both specialists in free competition.
- Among the main cases in which Cristián has participated, are cases of alleged collusion in the Pharmacy, Poultry, Tissue Paper, Shipping and Bus markets, and other relevant cases such as Cryptocurrencies, Radio Spectrum, Virtual Mobile Operators, Tobacco, Matches and the failed merger between D&S and Falabella.
- Cristián is also a permanent collaborator of the Antitrust Center of the P. Catholic University of Chile and a member of the Antitrust Committee of the Chilean Bar Association, A.G.
- Completed an internship at the Competition Bureau of Canada (2010).
Participation in associations
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association A.G.
- Member of the Antitrust Center, Faculty of Law, P. Catholic University of Chile.
- Opinion columns in El Mercurio Legal, Diario Financiero, the Antitrust Center of the P. Catholic University of Chile and others, from 2017 to present.
- “Economic Analysis of Procedural Law: New Perspectives”, Editorial Jurídica de Chile, Article titled “A response to Robert D. Cooter: Analysis of deterrence and why the establishment of rules favorable to people prone to risk should be rejected”, 2018.
- “Antitrust, Consumer and Regulation Studies”, Antitrust Center of the P. Catholic University of Chile, Article titled “IP Telephony: A before and after”, 2014.
- General editor and columnist for SME magazine “Plataforma XXI”, 2000 to 2002.
- Currently, Cristián is a Permanent Collaborator of the Antitrust Center of the P. Catholic University of Chile and a Professor of the Course on Digital Economy, taught by the same Center.
- In addition, he has been a speaker at various events, such as the seminar “Compliance: Free Competition and Data Protection” (Antitrust Center of the P. Catholic University of Chile , 2019), the Cycle of Colloquia Competition and Regulation of the Radioelectric Spectrum (Antitrust Center of the Catholic University of Chile, 2018), the seminar “Free competition and business” (Association of Companies of the V Region, Asiva, 2017), the session related to “The Antitrust System in Chile” of the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Competition Committee, Paris, 2010), training in the Superintendency of Competition of El Salvador, on cartels and intrusive faculties (2007), and the session on Competition and Regulated Markets of the Ibero-American School for the Defense of Competition (Madrid, 2004).
- He has been a visiting professor at various universities and institutions. As an example, in the Compliance and Good Corporate Practices Diploma of the P. Catholic University of Chile (2016), in the seminar on “The Competition Process” of the Master in Law of the University of Chile (2013), in the Course on Competition of the Universidad del Desarrollo (2013), and in undergraduate classes of the Arturo Prat University from Iquique (2011), as well as training for Carabineros de Chile on the occasion of the entry into force of the anti-cartel faculties in the Chilean competition law (2009).
Awards and Honors
- President of the Republic Scholarship for undergraduate studies, 1991 to 1995.
- Previous law firms in which he was a member have been recognized for several years in specialized international publications, such as Chambers and Partners.
- Advisor to the Association of Financial Innovation Companies of Chile (FinteChile).
- Former advisor to the National Corporation of Consumers and Users of Chile.
- Former collaborator of Desafío Levantemos Chile.